The childcare coordinator will be responsible for managing the childcare ministry to ensure excellent support and care for children during special events and church programs at Bell Shoals.
Hours: part time (dependent upon programming needs)
Reports to: Preschool Director
- Recruit and interview prospective childcare staff.
- Prepare work schedule for childcare staff.
- Coordinate and participate in training of new employees.
- Manage ongoing training of current employees in areas, such as, CPR, First Aid, Classroom and Playground Safety, Hygiene, etc.
- Prepare monthly billing and summary reports.
- Manage and approve requests for childcare in a timely manner.
- Pray regularly for childcare staff and encourage them in their spiritual growth.
- Shop for childcare supplies, as needed.
- Maintain communication with the Preschool Director, to plan and coordinate events, to include scheduling, reservations, room assignments, etc.
- Direct staff in providing excellent care for kids utilizing lessons and fun activities.
- Interact with parents, guardians, and staff in a friendly and positive manner.
- Always adhere to Bell Shoals safety and security protocols.
- Arrive before program or event and stay after the event to disinfect and organize supplies and insure a safe dismissal process.
- Attend occasional training meetings as deemed necessary by Preschool Director.
- Exhibits a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about the values and mission of Bell Shoals.
- A member of Bell Shoals or another Bible-believing local church.
- Previous experience working with children from babies through age 11.
- Be able to understand and lead children in activities with flexibility and patience.
- Possess a loving and caring attitude toward children and families.
- Physically able to move from floor to standing as you interact with kids.